Saturday, June 20, 2009

Purple Feet

Oh yes! Another post. (: I'll have to start making this a habit. But I finished the socks a couple of days ago, blocked them, and have been wearing the around the house, especially with all of this bad weather the past two days. They kept me calm. But more on that later.



The pattern is by Melinda Goodfellow. My grandmother gave the pattern to me. This is the uhm, third pair I think I've made? It's very easy and I like doing it. The yarn is Knit Picks Essentials and it took less than one ball to make them.


I adore the color of these.

But more on the weather. It down poured for a good few hours yesterday and we had some major flooding along with quite a few tornado warnings throughout the day.

And we're pretty sure it was worse out there before we looked outside and saw this because there's a ton of crap washed out onto the street now. I've lived here for 14 years now and have never ever seen it get like this.

A car or two got stalled out there and some of our neighbors had to help them get pushed back out. Needless to say everyone was soaked and everyone was outside looking. While the storm was still kinda bad might I add. And some smart little kids decided to go for a swim. Well, they weren't that little, or smart. ;)

But within an hour the water was gone surprisingly. But that's all I've got for now. <3

No comments: